A spring snow day home from school is a great time to get some little things done around the house. I tend to let things 'to do' stack up on our counter tops, so we made it through the pile today. But then, it's cleaning time.
Our fave essential oils co has some great pre-made OnGuard products for cleaning if you're not in to mixing stuff up or inventing potions on your own. OnGuard is a protective blend that smells fabulous anywhere in the house. We use it in a salve on our feet to keep us healthy during cold and flu season and it's a great natural household (and sheshed and barn) cleaner.
If you like to mix and mingle your own inventions, here's one that I like to put in a 16 oz (or bigger) glass spray bottle to clean all over the house:
- 1/4 c white vinegar
- 1 3/4 c water (distilled if you have hard water)
- 20 drops OnGuard essential oil
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
If you're thinking meh, no thanks, I like my toxic cleaners, you might also add OnGuard to your daily routine in other ways:
- Diffuse 3-4 drops of OnGuard to give yourself a boost
- Add 2-3 drops in a veggie capsule for an immune boost
- Mix 10 drops with water in a spray bottle to clean toys
- Add a drop to honey to soothe a sore throat
- Add to dishwater fluid to help remove water spots
- Put a few drops on your vacuum filter to freshen the air